Inc 59 of 1/4/21
At approximately 02.00 hrs this morning (1/4/21) , unknown offender(s) forced entry to an outbuilding at Brinklow and stole 3 x John Deere RTK green and yellow GPS receivers, similar to the attached photo.
If you saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area, or have any information that could help the police with their enquiries, possible CCTV or Dash-cam footage, please contact us by either advising us online at www.warwickshire.police.uk, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 101, referring to the incident number stated. Alternatively you can contact the independent charity CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.
For crime prevention advice, please go to our websites at www.warwickshire.police.uk and www.warwickshireruralwatch.co.uk and see the following advice:
If you have this kind of system on your tractor, please consider the following precautions:
- Remove all GPS guidance receivers, aerials or antenna globes when not in use and keep them locked away in a secure locked place when possible.
- Consider fitting security tethers or brackets to stop units being removed.
- Property mark your equipment visibly and invisibly with either a forensic solution such as Smartwater, Datatag, Selecta DNA or a UV pen, and engrave, paint or use a highlighter pen to record your postcode.
- Put signs up stating property is marked.
- Store machinery inside locked barns if possible. Where locking machines away isn’t an option, consider fitting mains or battery- operated alarms to outbuildings or beam alarms around the perimeter of areas where machines are stored.
- CCTV and intruder alarms covering all areas are a good deterrent and ensure they are checked regularly.
- Record machinery serial numbers and take photographs for reference to help police identify stolen items and increase the chances of them being recovered.
- Let employees know the security arrangements that are expected of them while working on the farm.
- Encourage all farm staff are vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour or vehicles to the police on 101, or 999 in an emergency.
- If you have a system such as a John Deere Firefox 6000 ensure you have your security pin set up. If unsure contact your dealer. .
- Join Warwickshire Rural Watch to receive alerts, news and crime prevention advice at www.warwickshireruralwatch.co.uk and put up Rural Watch gate signs on your farm.