Inc 214 of 11/4/21
Some time between 15.30 hrs 10/4/21 and 08.00 hrs 11/4/21, unknown offender(s) have stolen a sky blue and brown bee hive with bees inside from a location in Ashow.
If you saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area, or have any information that could help the police with their enquiries, possible CCTV or Dash-cam footage, please contact us by either advising us online at www.warwickshire.police.uk, by email to email@example.com or by calling 101, referring to the incident number stated. Alternatively you can contact the independent charity CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.
Crime prevention tips for owners of bee hives:
- Site them away from the road, footpath or public area.
- Where possible shield them from view.
- Visibly mark the hive so it stands out if taken with unique markings, postcode or other differentiating identification.
- Invisibly mark the hive with a forensic solution so if you see it offered for sale or at another location you can prove it is your property. Keep a record of where it is marked, the ID used, plus take a photograph.
- Consider installing a tracker in the hive with an alert facility if it is moved.
- Where possible fix the hive so it cannot be easily moved.
- If properties overlook where the hives are ask the occupants to keep an eye on them and report any suspicious activity to the police.
- If a hive is taken advise local bee keepers and other people in the area with an interest so that they can be vigilante and advise if they see it anywhere.