Over the weekend officers from the local Safer Neighbourhoods Team and Rural Crime Team attended a car boot sale in the area following a report of puppies being sold from the back of a van. Two puppies have been seized and handed over to the RSPCA. Enquiries are on going.
Advice from Trading Standards:
- Buy from a reputable and recommended dealer. Consider the Kennel Club Assured breeder scheme
- Always view the puppy with its mother and siblings, where it has been bred
- Ask to see the health test certificates for the puppy’s parents and the puppy’s vaccination documentation
- Be prepared to wait for the puppy you want. Be very wary of anyone claiming they can provide the puppy you want quickly
- Never pay for a puppy in advance. Many bogus breeders ‘sell’ puppies on social media where money is taken, but no puppy is ever delivered